Sunday, December 14, 2014

December Update

it's been a busy and fun month!
each year i seem to forget how hectic and crazy it gets around the holidays
and this year is no exception!
 we started decorating the house the day after thanksgiving!
it took all weekend and i was so exhausted!
sometimes i wonder if i'm over doing it, and then there comes a moment of silence late at night with all the christmas lights on and i love it so!
but i dread to take down to come...

these decor pics are from my iphone...not so great but you get the idea!
 i didn't have my tree skirts out yet, but they are so cute!
i ordered these
 realized later, i should have had that fire going for my pic!
 my little pink church lights up, should have had her on too!



one of my wreaths from the top dormer had fallen before i took this pic!
my sweet neighbor climbs a ladder to hang them for me!
 molly has found a new love of ice skating over the last few weeks!
she has taken to it so wonderfully, i love seeing her growth and bravery on that big rink!


Check out this quick action packed  video: 


 Our Elf, Buddy arrived after Thanksgiving also! 


 For the last month, Molly has had choir practice at church as they prepared for the Christmas musical.
she really enjoyed it and it was so good!




 and this was teh evening of the first performance
our church is so pretty at christmas time!




 we had the children's choir, adult choir, handbell players, and also the choirs from 2 congregations who meet on our campus as well...the hatian congregation and the burmese congregation.
it was truly multicultural and so meaningful!

 we were so happy to see friends there on the fist night of the performance!



and this was the 2nd performance...granny and madison!
 today after church we went to a walk thru Bethlehem event at woodmont christian church in nashville
they've put this together for 30 years and it is always amazing! 
 molly got to experience things like grinding  flour, pressing olives for olive oil, smelling lots of herbs and spices, and walking through the live nativiity!
 the church is gorgeous!  my iphone snaps do not do it justice!
we had a 15 minute mini worship service where we sang christmas hymns together
it's nashville...and the musicians do not disappoint!  
the  worship leader and musicians could have been performing on stage at the ryman!

 with mary, joseph, and baby jesus!


 a shepherd boy
a roman guard
 she did great getting the flu mist!  
hopefully it will be a germ free winter!
 we made one of my favorite christmas wreath cookies on night!

you can't tell it really...but i just had my first root canal in this pic...1/2 my mouth was still numb!
it really wasn't bad at all considering the pain i had been in all weekend previous to this appointment!  i was so nervous, they used gas mask on me...which is a first since i was probably 8 years old! ha!  i go back for phase 2 of the root canal tomorrow : (       

we have a full week ahead...
piano recital, rudolph the red nosed reindeeer musical, final week of school, last gymnastics practice for the semester, whew!  i'm exhausted just thinking about it!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I know what you mean about Christmas decorations! I decided to give one of our large trees to my daughter, and although I really miss the lights in our bay window, it was one less thing to worry about. I also cut back on some of our other decor. I do like it, but also am enjoying 'less'! You look great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...